Your Asthma Action Plan
Create an asthma action plan with your health care provider. It may help you manage your asthma better. The plan should include information about:
- Which medicines should I take?
- When should I take my medicines?
- How should I take my medicines?
How to avoid triggers:
- What are my triggers?
- How do I stay away from my triggers?
How to keep track of your symptoms:
- Do I need a peak flow meter?
- How can I tell if my symptoms are getting worse?
What to do in an emergency
What do I do when my symptoms get worse?
- How do I know when I need to call my health care provider?
- When do I need to go to the emergency room?
Who should be contacted?
- Is my name on the asthma action plan?
- Are the names and phone numbers listed for my family or friends who should be called in case of emergency?
- Is my health care provider’s name and phone number listed?