Type 2 Diabetes
What Is Type 2 Diabetes?
- Type 2 Diabetes Defined Taking care of yourself when you have type 2 diabetes starts with learning everything you…
- What Is Blood Sugar? Blood sugar is your body’s main source of energy. Your doctor probably told you that you...
- Know the ABCs of Type 2 Diabetes What are the ABCs of type 2 diabetes? A is for A1C, B is for blood pressure, and C is for cholesterol. These are sometimes referred to as your numbers.
- Measuring Blood Sugar Measuring your blood sugar levels with a blood sugar meter can help you make decisions about food, physical activity, and medicines.
- Type 2 Diabetes and Your Kidneys Type 2 diabetes can increase your risk for kidney disease. Your risk is much higher if you are Hispanic/Latino, African American, or Native American.
- Type 2 Diabetes and Your Nervous System Type 2 diabetes is a leading cause of nerve damage. Nerve damage is also called neuropathy. It can cause tingling, pain, or numbness in your feet and hands.
- Featured Article Type 2 Diabetes and Your Emotional Health Having type 2 diabetes can be stressful. You may have a lot on your plate, such as: taking medicine, testing your blood sugar, having to exercise and eat healthy.
Working With Your Doctor: Type 2 Diabetes
- How to Manage Your Type 2 Diabetes With a Treatment Plan Your health care team can help you create a type 2 diabetes treatment plan to help you…
- Building Your Health Care Team Living with and managing your type 2 diabetes isn’t an easy job. You need to monitor your...
- Connecting With Your Doctor Looking to control your blood sugar levels and your weight? Your doctor may be your best supporter in helping you create a type 2 diabetes treatment plan.
- Taking Care of Yourself When Caring for a Loved One Are you caring for someone with type 2 diabetes? Do you also take time to care for yourself? See why it may matter.
How to Manage Type 2 Diabetes
- Getting the Type 2 Diabetes Support You Need So why not teach them about your condition? Let them know why you may be counting…
- How to Lower the Risk of Low Blood Sugar Know the things that can make your blood sugar drop, such as fasting for tests, exercising...
- Type 2 Diabetes and Your Sex Life If you have type 2 diabetes, you are at risk for problems related to having sex.
- Traveling With Type 2 Diabetes When you are planning a trip, there are things you need to keep in mind for managing your type 2 diabetes.
- Featured Article The Flu, Pneumonia, and Type 2 Diabetes High blood sugar changes the way your body deals with everyday things. One important change is that you are less able to fight off illness.
- Eat Smarter: Type 2 Diabetes Diet Healthy eating is one of the most important things you can do to help better control your blood sugar levels, your blood pressure, and cholesterol.
- Shopping Smarter Learn how to recognize healthy foods, so when you go grocery shopping you can explore the wide range of diabetes-friendly foods available!
- Eating at Home With Type 2 Diabetes Between home, work, and family, diabetes-friendly meal planning can sometimes fall to the bottom of our to-do list.
- The Glycemic Index: Helping People With Diabetes Make Healthier Food Choices If you have type 2 diabetes, there are many ways to make healthy lifestyle changes. You can get a little more active.
- Eating Out With Type 2 Diabetes A home-cooked meal every night may not be for everyone, especially if you have a busy schedule.
- Testing My Eating Smarts Test your smart-eating knowledge with this short quiz. See how much you know already and learn more about what you can do to help make healthy choices.
Need more help managing
type 2 diabetes?
Learn about a type 2 diabetes treatment option.
Get a week's worth of delicious recipes by e-mail from MerckEngage.
Eligible patients may qualify for a current savings or free trial offer.