Type 2 diabetes is a leading cause of nerve damage. Nerve damage is also called neuropathy. It can cause tingling, pain, or numbness in your feet and hands.
Nerve damage can also cause problems in other parts of your body.You might have nerve damage if you:
- Have numbness, tingling or pain in the toes, feet, legs, hands, arms, or fingers
- Often feel like you have a full stomach or throw up a lot
- Have trouble going to the bathroom
- Feel dizzy or weak
- Sweat more or less than usual
- Lose the desire or ability to have sex