Who Is at Risk for Hepatitis C?
Anyone who comes in contact with an infected person’s blood can get hepatitis C.
Some situations may put a person at risk for getting hepatitis C.
- Injecting illegal street drugs in a vein
- Having had more than one sex partner in the last 6 months
- Having a sexually transmitted disease
- Having had an organ transplant before 1992
- Having received blood products before 1987
- Getting an accidental needle stick contaminated with an infected person’s blood
- Having had kidney dialysis