A healthy lifestyle, which is important for everyone, is even more important for someone who has chronic hepatitis C. Here are some things you can do:
- Go to regular doctor appointments
- Reach and maintain a healthy weight
- Control the amount of fat and salt you eat
- Stick to your doctor’s treatment plan
- Exercise and keep an active lifestyle
- Build a support system that may include your family, friends, and doctors
Do not drink alcohol.
Talk to your doctor today about ways you can help manage your chronic hepatitis C.