Preheat oven to 425°F.
1. In a small saucepan, combine 1⁄2 cup water, brown sugar, and vanilla. Place over medium-high heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Peel pears, leaving stems attached. Core pears from the bottom and slice off a small piece so they stand up.
3. Place pears in a shallow medium-size baking dish. Pour sugar sauce over pears and cover with foil. Bake 35 to 40 minutes.
4. In another small saucepan, combine raspberry jam, lemon juice, lemon zest, and honey. Place over medium-high heat and stir with a wire whisk until smooth.
5. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining 2 tbsp water and add to raspberry sauce. Stir and cook 2 minutes or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and set aside.
6. To serve, place each pear on a dessert plate and spoon some of the liquid from the baking dish over the top.
7. Spoon raspberry sauce over pears and place fresh raspberries and a spoonful of whipped topping at the base of each pear.
Makes 6 servings.