Preheat oven to 350°F.
1. In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, egg whites, milk, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice. Mix well.
2. Spray 6 individual 6-oz custard cups or ramekins with nonstick cooking spray. Pour in pumpkin mixture, dividing evenly.
3. Place cups in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Fill baking dish with hot water halfway up sides of the cups.
4. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
5. Remove from baking dish and let stand 5 minutes.
6. To serve, top each custard with 1 tsp maple syrup and 1 tbsp whipped topping.
Makes 6 servings.