Preheat oven to 375°F.
1. Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Place the skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil. When oil is hot, add onion, garlic, and celery. Cook 1 to 2 minutes.
2. Add bell pepper and mushrooms. Cook 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Add carrots, onion powder, garlic powder, salt-free seasoning, dried parsley, and salt.
4. In a small bowl, mix flour with 1 cup water and add to the skillet. Add remaining 31⁄4 cups of water, barley, and almonds. Remove from heat.
5. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and pour mixture into dish. Bake uncovered for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until barley is cooked.
6. Top with fresh parsley.
Makes 4 servings.