Preheat oven to 425°F.
1. In a large bowl, combine cornmeal, corn, and boiling water. Mix well and set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
2. In a small bowl, combine milk, egg substitute, and canola oil. Set aside.
3. In another small bowl, combine baking powder, sugar, and flour.
4. Add the milk and flour mixtures to the bowl of cornmeal and mix until moistened.
5. Spray a muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. Spoon the cornmeal mixture into 8 muffin cups in the pan. Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 4 servings (2 muffins per serving).