1. In a large bowl, combine milk, flour, cumin, coriander, turmeric, cayenne pepper, salt, onion powder, and sugar to make the curry. Set aside.
2. Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Place the skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil. When oil is hot, add onion and garlic and sauté 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Add tofu cubes and sauté 2 minutes.
4. Add garbanzo beans, tomatoes, and prepared curry mixture to the skillet. Stir 4 to 5 minutes or until thickened.
5. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Serve curried tofu and garbanzo beans over hot rice and top with cilantro.
Makes 4 servings.