1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Toss squash with 1 TBS olive oil, 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, and 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper. Roast in oven for about 45 minutes or until squash has softened and caramelized. Once cooked, remove from oven and cool while the risotto is being prepared.
3. While the squash is in the oven, heat 1 tsp olive oil in large pan. On medium heat, add chopped onion and cook until softened and translucent, about 5 minutes. Season with 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper.
4. Add dry rice to pan and stir with softened onions for 1 minute to coat the rice in the oil/onions already in the pan.
5. Add 1⁄2 cup of the vegetable stock to the pan and begin to slowly stir. After a few minutes, once the rice has absorbed that 1⁄2 cup of stock, add another 1⁄2 cup of stock and stir once again until absorbed. Repeat this until the rice is cooked through and you’ve used up most/all of the stock, about 35-40 minutes.
6. Once the rice is cooked through, turn the heat to low and add the shrimp, frozen peas, butternut squash, basil, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, 1⁄2 tsp salt, 1⁄2 tsp pepper, and Parmesan cheese. Stir to combine and serve warm.