Preheat oven to 425°F.
1. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine Bisquick, 2 1⁄2 tbsp sugar, milk, and 1 tsp lemon zest. Mix well.
3. Spoon 6 mounds of the mixture on prepared baking sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Set aside to cool.
4. In a small bowl, combine remaining 1 tsp lemon zest, lemon juice, powdered sugar, and whipped topping. Mix well. Set aside.
5. In another large bowl, lightly mash 1 cup strawberries with a fork and add remaining 1 tbsp sugar, apple juice, and remaining 3 cups sliced strawberries. Mix well.
6. To serve, slice each shortcake in half and spoon strawberry mixture over both halves. Top with prepared whipped topping.
Makes 6 servings.