1. Prepare Asian Cabbage Salad recipe
according to directions.
2.Place salmon fillets in a shallow glass dish. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine 2 tbsp soy sauce, sesame oil, 1 tsp ginger, 1 tsp brown sugar, and garlic. Pour over fillets and marinate for 10 minutes.
4. In another small bowl, combine 1⁄3
cup water, cornstarch, and remaining 2 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tsp ginger, and 1 tsp brown sugar. Mix well. Set aside.
5. Spray a broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place fillets on the pan and brush with any remaining marinade mixture. Broil 5 minutes per side, 5 to 6 inches from the heat source.
6. Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Place the skillet over medium-high heat and add canola oil. When oil is hot, add onions and bell pepper. Stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes.
7. Add broccoli and remaining 1⁄3
cup water. Cover. Cook 2 minutes. Add spinach and cook 1 to 2 minutes longer until spinach is wilted and broccoli is just tender.
8. Add prepared cornstarch mixture and stir 1 minute to heat through. Serve salmon with vegetables topped with cashew pieces and asian cabbage salad on the side.
Makes 4 servings.