Get Energized: Boost Your Energy in Just 10 Minutes
Can you spare 10 minutes a day?
That’s all it may take to help renew your energy levels, ease stress, and feel refreshed and better able to tackle projects during your workday or at home. Next time your energy is low, give some of these suggestions a try.
- Take a 10-minute walk. This can give you time for yourself or create an opportunity to be with friends or family. Take a short walk during lunch or enjoy a walking break later in the day.
- Stretch. Sitting for long periods of time can leave you stiff and sleepy. Try a few simple yoga poses or just an old-fashioned touch of your toes, then reach for the sky, a few times during your day. Just moving around will help give you an energy boost.
- Do something different. Focusing on a different sort of mental task for a few minutes can help boost energy. A task that engages your brain (like a crossword puzzle) makes it much easier to stay alert even if you are low on energy.
- Get outside for some sunshine. Getting outside can refresh both mind and body.
- Listen to music. The right music can really change how you’re feeling. Create a playlist of songs with an energetic beat to invigorate your day.
- Take the stairs. Going up and down steps for 10 minutes will get your blood pumping and help you be more alert.
- Have a snack. Set aside 10 minutes to give yourself a bit of tasty nutrition. A healthy snack can be a great quick-energy boost. Look for foods that are rich in complex carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins, and minerals. Try a few of these energizing and tasty pick-me-ups: blueberries, cantaloupe, strawberries, mango, citrus fruit, low-fat cheese and whole-grain crackers, and low-fat granola bars.