Your doctor may have told you that you should lose some weight. Maybe you’ve already made up your mind to lose weight. Or maybe you’re just starting to think about it.
Food & Fitness > Fitness
Sticking With Your Weight-Loss Plan
Here are some tips to get you started
- Work with your doctor to set reasonable weight-loss goals
- Keep a food diary
- Balance your calories with your activity level
- Clear the house of unhealthy foods
- Keep healthy foods readily available
- Practice portion control
- Eat salads and raw veggies to fill up
- Drink plenty of water during the day so you are well hydrated for exercise
- Celebrate with healthy rewards
Don’t try everything at once. Pick out a few tips that you can commit to. Give it a go. Over time, you’ll find a few things that really work to help keep you on track.
Get great fitness tips in the “How Active Are You?” guide.
Staying on track contract
Pledges. Resolutions. Promises. When trying to lose weight in the past, you may have made a few of these. But how about trying something a little different this time? Download and print this contract to write down your goals for the week and what the rewards will be if you stick to your plan.
Stay focused on your fitness goals by downloading the 4-Week Activity Planner.