You can also enroll in health insurance after you or your family go through certain changes in your life, called qualifying life events. These are opportunities to adjust your coverage to fit your needs.
Examples of qualifying life events
- Birth or adoption of a child
- Death of a child or placement for adoption
- Change in marriage status (married, divorced, legal separation, annulment)
- Change in employment (hired for new full-time job, loss of job, retirement, etc)
- Loss of coverage from private insurer